J.Lanfranco dual-slotted locknuts are based on depitched rather than distorted or deformed threads. As a result, they provide highly-consistent, repeatable, and reliable self-locking torque that’s independent of bolt tension.
Our locknuts preserve surface treatments, won’t damage bolt threads, and will never seize up – even in stainless steel.
- Bolt threads expand locking slots located in the turret section of the nut.
- Locking slots grip the thread flanks directly where they are designed to support the applied load.
- Locking torque is applied evenly over two planes, and on opposite sides.
- Once engaged, locking will be effective even with no bolt tension (ideal where low preload is desired).
- No galling or thread damage, and resists vibration, shock, and impact.